Monday, July 2, 2012

Greta's 1st VBS!

VBS is always a big deal at our church. Last year, we did not do VBS so that we could focus on disaster relief. This year, our congregation and the Central church of Christ combined efforts to make VBS the best that it could be! The theme was: The Treasure of the Forgotten Island. It was all about lessons from Proverbs. The whole idea was to teach children the difference between foolish behavior and wise behavior. Those lessons were taught in a really creative way using pirates to play the parts. 

Ava sat on the front row in my lap. She recognized Jeremy immediately in his pirate garb. She kept her fingers in her mouth the whole time and would look back at me and whisper, "Daddy." I know she was wondering why her daddy was dressed up as a pirate! Greta slept pretty peacefully for a few minutes and then started crying. I had to have some help. Luckily, one of my friends (Sharon Cooke) was able to watch Greta each night while I went to all the stations with Ava.

It was Greta's first VBS, but she really could not participate. I can't wait until next year when both of my girls will be able to participate!








No comments:

Post a Comment