Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Valentine's Day

I know that February is almost over, but I need to post this!!

Valentine's Day was a pretty typical day in the Pate household. Ava and I went to Storytime, as usual, and Ava exchanged valentine cookies with all her little friends. Later that evening, she went to Natalie Richardson's house to play with Canyon and Sawyer while Jeremy and I went on a Valentine's date to the Longhorn Steakhouse. We both indulged in shrimp, steak, and lobster. We had a very chocolatey dessert that we could not finish. It was a great date because neither of us had to rush through our dinner. We took our time and talked, which we rarely get to do.

Earlier that day, Jeremy brought me lavender colored roses and a box of chocolates:

 They look really pink in these pictures, but they were lavender. :)

 A dozen roses, complete with a little lavender ribbon, tied with love by Jeremy Pate! :)

 My yummy chocolates were gone in three days!!

The next day was Wednesday and Ava received her Valentine mail from Gigi & Papaw (my parents) and Nana & Pop (my grandparents)


 Gigi & Papaw gave her $20

 And Nana & Pop sent her a chocolate heart :)

Yes, that is chocolate smeared on her card. I guess chocolate is not suitable for the United States Postal Service!! Haha! It is the thought that counts!!

And this is what we bought for Ava with her $20 from Gigi & Papaw! 20 new BIG hairbows!! The Purse Man sells them for a dollar each at his store on McFarland. The ribbon and the metal clip are both a pretty good quality. I would say that Ava had a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment