Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cracker Barrel

Ever since Jeremy and I started dating (almost 9 years ago! WOW!) it has been a tradition to eat at a Cracker Barrel restaurant when we are traveling. When we were dating, I didn't tell him that I was not fond of Cracker Barrel. Naturally, I wanted to please him and let him have his way. It has just been in the last few years that I have spoken up and told him how I really feel! He, of course, does not understand why I waited this long to tell him. I think he thinks that I am making it up! :) Ava and Greta, there is a lesson in all of this: sacrifice is a good thing, but be honest too!! 

Anyway, on our Tennessee trip two weekends ago, Cracker Barrel was the only restaurant in sight for several miles and we were both really hungry. Sigh...so we went. I know this probably sounds silly, but I always feel fat when I go into a Cracker Barrel. The menu is predominantly comfort food, so I just get this feeling that I will need to unbutton my pants after my meal is complete. It just makes me feel yucky! The food is pretty good, though (chicken and dumplins platter with mashed potatoes and brown gravy, fried okra, and hashbrown casserole) Yes, that is a lot of starches. Yes, I could order a salad. Will I? No. I will eat a salad at home! :)

Well, I think this may have to stay a tradition because Ava loves all the activities on the porch:







No comments:

Post a Comment