Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2 Blurbs

1.) Ava has started helping me with laundry. Notice that I did not put that in quotes! She will legitimately help me on laundry day! She will follow me to her bedroom and help me tote the hamper to the laundry room. She really does grab the handle and help me pull. When we get into the laundry room, she will open the lid on the hamper and start handing me clothes to put into the washer. She is such a good girl!! I am so proud of her for wanting to help me!

2.) Last night I had to call the Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222; I have committed that number to memory after just one call!) I was loading the dish washer and did not notice that a small chunk of Cascade was still in the detergent dispenser. I was loading pretty quickly because Ava likes to pull silverware out of the rack. I saw Ava playing with the dispenser and then I noticed a little bit of soap on her bottom lip. I stuck my finger in her mouth and swiped all over trying to get out the rest. No luck! She had already swallowed it! I called Jeremy into the kitchen to give her some water. He sat at the kitchen table and gave Ava about 4 oz of water through a straw. I finished loading the dishwasher (I know, I know! I am a bad mom for not dropping everything right then and there!) I then called the PCC. The man's name was Keith and he told me that we had probably diluted it correctly with the water, but that we should also use Ava's toothbrush to rub around her gums and teeth to get rid of any remaining grains.  He said that if she was not gagging or acting differently, then she was probably fine. After I got off the phone with him, we let Ava play on the floor for a few minutes to see if she was acting normally. Luckily, she was! That stinker scared Mommy and Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment