Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ava At 14 Months!

Monday was Ava's 14 month birthday! Here are few milestones and interesting things that she has accomplished:

  • She still has just 8 teeth. All 4 molars are right under the gums and should break through any day now. 
  • She still sleeps 12 hours at night and is currently transitioning to just one nap a day. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are the days that she usually has just one 3 hour nap. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, are the days that she usually has two naps. I don't know why that is the trend, but it is. At least it is semi-predictable!
  • Her hair now reaches to the middle of her back in some places.
  • She is still in size 4 diapers and 12-18 month clothing.
  • She will now give hugs when asked. I will pick her up and say, "give Momma hugs!" She will lay her head down on my shoulder and put her arms around my neck. It is the sweetest thing! I ask her to give me hugs at least 20 times a day!
  • She is starting to calm down at home a little bit. She is still very energetic, but she has started to cuddle more. This, of course, makes me very happy! I have to have my cuddle time!!
  • Her vocabulary is increasing so much that I cannot name all the words she can say.
  • She has added a few phrases to her vocabulary: "it's all gone," and, "I done."
  • Yesterday, I gave her a toy to play with and she responded, "thank-you." (thattu) :)
  • She walks around this house like she owns the place!!
  • She is learning how to put objects into other objects and then take them out.
  • She is also experimenting with pretend play: she will take fake sips from her tea cup, refill it, and then bring it to me to have a sip. I think I see an imaginary friend in her future!! She also pretends that she is talking on the phone!
  • She has started carrying around her purse. I think that she will be a pretty well-balanced adult if she continues on this path. What I mean by that statement is that she will be a good mix of girlie-girl and tomboy.
  • We still have not transitioned all the way to the sippy cup. She loves her bottle, and I just really don't care what our doctor says. :)
  • She can play Peek-a-Boo.
I know I am missing some things (as usual) but you get the gist!

Here are some photos of Ava during this month:

Out on a walk with Mom and Dad. Yes, she wears hairbows. In this case, she took it out and shook her head back and forth while screaming like a maniac. This is what a walk is like with Ava. I am so glad that her wagon has a seatbelt because she hops up and down in her seat and screams at the top of her lungs, gleefully! She is a lot of fun!

 Eating a breakfast bar for dinner. She was extremely picky on this night!

 In the Target parking lot.

 Watching Tangled...still her favorite movie!

 Sucking a straw at Cracker Barrel

Playing in our hotel room in Murfreesboro, TN. She loved this little cubby underneath the nightstand!

 Lounging on the couch with a tube of her Orajel

Playing with a frisbee and some ping-pong balls. She learned that if she put the balls into the frisbee, they would roll around the edge while she walked. So much fun!

 Trying to pull my phone out of my hands!

 Sitting in a highchair at Kobe Steakhouse

 Asleep in her carseat before our Hobby Lobby outing

At Los Tarascos Mexican Restaurant. She loves the chips and cheese dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment