Thursday, February 16, 2012

Greta's 21 Week Appointment

Two weeks ago, I went to my 21 week appointment with Greta. This is when we should have found out that Greta is a girl, instead we found out 4 weeks earlier because she would not cooperate with the Doppler. 

Our 21 week appointment was a routine ultrasound to check all of Greta's organs to make sure she is developing properly. My blood pressure was completely normal and I have only gained 4 lbs. with this pregnancy. At my next appointment, I will have to take my glucose test! I passed it on the first round with Ava, but I have a feeling that I could fail it with Greta. I have been so tired with this pregnancy that I wonder if my blood sugar is a little higher than it should be. We will see!!

Everything looked great on the ultrasound. Greta's little heart was beating at about 143 bpm. She was asleep when the techinician first took a look at her, and then she quickly woke up! It was very apparent to me that all 4 chambers in her heart looked really good. It was a really clear picture. Her brain looked good and so did her little kidneys. The technician was so good about showing us all the organs and explaining what each of them were and what she was looking for in each organ. We learned a lot! Ava decided halfway through the ultrasound that she would throw a fit and demand food. Luckily, I had some fruit in my purse and Jeremy was able to feed her. :)

Here is the clearest image we have of Greta:


Her profile does not look like Ava's profile, so we will just have to wait and see who she looks like!! Maybe we can have another ultrasound before she is born! One of the things I was so anxious about when I was pregnant with Ava, was how she would look. The suspense was killing me!! I can honestly say that I am just as anxious about seeing Greta as I was Ava. I have heard people say that each pregnancy is a little less thrilling than the one before it. I disagree!! It has not been that way for me! Jeremy and I talk to Greta the same way that we talked to Ava when she was in utero. I am still anxious to see my youngest little girl just as Jeremy is just as anxious to hear her voice. Every kick is just as amazing as it was with Ava. I had a wonderful pregnancy with Ava and I think that this one has been just as wonderful. Jeremy, Ava, and I cannot wait to meet Miss Greta! (aka Fancy)

No comments:

Post a Comment