Monday, February 13, 2012

Brittany's Wedding!

It has been almost 3 whole weeks since my last blog post! As you can imagine, I am REALLY behind! I got really tired of posting pictures to my Facebook account and then downloading them to my computer, so I just waited until Jeremy found the camera cable that he accidentally "borrowed" from me. I received the cable yesterday evening and have been itching to blog today. I have been really busy cleaning so this is the first chance I have had to catch up!

January 7th, was the day that Brittany Meischelle Watkins became Mrs. Eric Lassiter. Jeremy, Ava, Greta, and I made the trip to Texas to celebrate this momentous occasion. I was Brittany's Matron of Honor and Ava was her flower girl. Jeremy sat on the front row to get Ava as she came down the aisle and Greta stayed in the oven where she belongs (for now, at least!)

My sister got married in Corsicana, TX, at the Cook Center Planetarium on the Navarro College campus. It is a beautiful building with enough space for the wedding ceremony and the reception. My mom, my Aunt Charlotte, my sister, and I all went to the Cook Center on Friday evening to decorate for the reception on Saturday evening. My mom and sister made all the centerpieces for the tables and my mom made all the bouquets for the wedding party. It ended up looking great!

On the big day, I met up with my sister and all the other bridesmaids at a hotel where we posed for pictures. After that, we all drove to the Cook Center for the big event! Jeremy met me there with Ava, freshly bathed and dressed in her little white dress! He blow dryed her hair straight and put in her little flower clip that Brittany picked out. He is such a great husband and I don't know what I would have done without him!

As the time came for my walk down the aisle with Ava, I panicked. What would happen if she didn't do what she was supposed to do? I had planned on carrying her down the aisle, but my mom and sister both insisted that Ava walk. I relented, but asked my dad if he would stand guard at the end of the aisle just in case anything happened. At the back of the ceremony, my dad helped me get Ava to her spot and made sure that she was okay to walk down the aisle. He put her down and she proceeded down the aisle exactly the way she was supposed to. I was so proud! I couldn't believe it! It was too easy! Then, the audience let out an audible, "awww" and it was all over! Ava turned on her heels and RAN in the opposite direction. I was in three inch heels and could not run in my dress to catch up with her. My dad had already turned his back to us and could not see her running out into the reception area. My sister saw what was happening and got my dad's attention. He saved the day!! He caught Ava as she was making her way to one of the reception tables. He carried her all the way down the aisle for me and handed her off to Jeremy. Whew!! 

The rest of the ceremony was great! Brittany and Eric wanted a short ceremony and that is what they got! It was so neat to see my little sister tie the knot. I hope that she and Eric have a wonderful marriage filled with happiness and joy! Thank you, Brittany and Eric, for letting us be a part of your big day!











No comments:

Post a Comment