Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just A Blip

Today is Valentine's Day. Jeremy and I always celebrate this day even though we know it is a scam. :) There is something sweet about receiving roses and chocolates and then going out on a nice dinner date with your spouse. Yes, we are consumers and have fallen into the trap, but we are thankful for any excuse to go on a date!

We had a good friend from church babysit Ava while we went to dinner at the Longhorn Steakhouse. We knew Ava was in good hands with Natalie, Sawyer, Canyon, and Baby Richardson #3! (Kerry was teaching a late night class) Jeremy and I thoroughly enjoyed our steak, lobster, shrimp, baked potatoes, and extremely sugary chocolate dessert. After dinner, it was time to go get our baby girl! We missed her! Jeremy's exact words as he was opening my car door (yes, he still opens my car door for me after almost 7 years of marriage) were, "let's go fill up this car seat." I laughed and agreed enthusiastically! We enjoyed dinner and the time spent alone, but were excited to see our little girl after being apart for 3 hours!

When we got home with Ava, I was in charge of putting her to bed. We went through our bedtime routine and then I rocked her while she held Grossy (her very gross stuffed pink giraffe that she sleeps with) Ava's eyes were trained on me while she laid her head on my shoulder. She was very drowsy, but kept looking at me while I whispered to her. I laughed at something and then Ava laughed at me. All the while, she kept her eye contact. I made popping noises with my mouth and she mocked me. She lifted her head off my shoulder made popping noises and then laid her head back down, all the while keeping eye contact. We continued the "mocking game" for several minutes before I finally laid her in her crib. She wrapped her arms around Grossy, rolled over, and went right to sleep.

It was so hard for me to put her down to bed tonight. If I could stay up all night staring into her eyes and playing our little game, I would. She is so precious. It was the perfect end to a perfect Valentine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment