Friday, January 11, 2013

Ava's 2nd Birthday!

We celebrated Ava's birthday in December, on a Saturday when Nana, Poppy, and Bant B could come for a visit. Jeremy and I had an agreement before Ava was born that we would have a big 1st birthday and a big Sweet 16 party for our children. Every other birthday would just be a small get together with family. So, we stuck to our guns and had something small at our house. Believe me, I wanted to do something big. It is just in my nature to plan parties and other things, but we needed to follow through with what we said we were going to do. In the end, that is most important.

Ava and Greta both wore pink tutus (I guess you could call this a "two-two" party) :) I wore a pink cardigan and bought Ava a pink "Birthday Cake" cupcake from Gigi's Cupcakes. Jeremy has a special tradition that he started last year: every year on the girl's birthday, he buys a flower for each year of life that we are celebrating. So, this year he bought Ava two Gerber Daisies. One pink and one white.

As soon as Ava started opening presents, her clothes came off. I was actually unable to take a lot of pictures because she spent most of her party naked :) Every time she would open a new outfit, she wanted to put it on. In all, I believe she had 5 outfit changes! 

When it came time to sing the birthday song, Jeremy held Ava while I lit the candles on her cupcake. She had a little help from Daddy blowing out the candles. She took about two bites of icing and then threw her cupcake in the trash. No one was expecting her to do that, so there was an audible gasp when she opened the trash lid and threw it in! I wanted to save it and let her snack on it for a few days! Oh well, the best laid plans...

Ava received a lot of really good gifts. She now has some new clothes and some new costumes to add to her dress-up closet :) We had a great time celebrating a wonderful 2 years of life!




















No comments:

Post a Comment