Friday, January 11, 2013

A Prayer For My Children

My Dear Heavenly Father,

I come before You tonight thanking You for the privilege of being Ava and Greta's mother. I thank You for all the lessons that I have learned from this experience and I thank You for the love that You have shown me through these teaching moments. I pray that You would continue to give me wisdom on how to train and love my children. Please be patient with me as I learn how to be effective.

Lord, I ask that you would keep my children safe from harm. Please help me to see danger before it becomes a threat. Please help me to think while I am taking care of my children. Help me to think about what they are learning from me. Help me to think about how my treatment of them will affect how they treat others. Help me to think about the tone of voice I use. Help me to realize that the tone of voice I use with them will be their inner voice. Help me to not be too critical. Help me to not be too lax. 

Lord, I pray for the parents of their future spouse. I pray that these parents are teaching their young sons to love You. I pray that they are praying for us right now too. I pray that they are teaching their sons about purity. I pray that these boys who will one day hold my daughters' hearts, will remain pure and unstained from the world. I pray that they have a godly father in their life who will teach them to be good men. I pray that they have a godly mother who teaches them about gentleness and kindness.

Lord, I pray for my girls. You have entrusted me with one of the greatest responsibilities a person could ever have. Help me to not fail. I pray that if I do fail in some areas, my children will have forgiving hearts. I pray that they will learn to be forgiving by the example that I set for them.

I thank You for Your Son who died to give me freedom. Thank You for giving me hope.

In Christ's name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment