Thursday, August 2, 2012

Cracker Barrel in Cullman, Al

On Sunday afternoon, we packed up our car and headed out to Columbia, to visit Nana and Poppy. Of course, we had to stop at Cracker Barrel. My deal with Jeremy was that if we stopped at Cracker Barrel, we had to visit the Parthenon in Nashville. Did we visit the Parthenon? Nope. He owes me big time. For those of you who don't know me well, I don't like eating at Cracker Barrel.

I made the best of it, though! Ava had a great time pulling all the pegs out of the little wooden game. At one point, she had a death grip on them and would not give them to Jeremy :) Greta was hungry and cried almost the whole time. There was too much commotion and she could not concentrate on eating. I finally had to take her to one of the rocking chairs on the front porch and feed her. She is definitely her mother's child! I am not one for loud restaurants either.

One of the things that was remarkable about this trip to Cracker Barrel was the people. We sat down at our table and the family directly across from us kept staring. Finally, the mom leaned over and said, "You have such a beautiful family. Your girls are beautiful." I thanked her and smiled. When I took Greta outside to feed her, at least three more couples stopped to tell me how precious she was. One woman told me that she had a grand-daughter who was the same age as Greta. She stood and talked to me until her husband walked out of the restaurant. I don't know if Cracker Barrel attracts laid back people, or if Cullman is just a really nice place, but it was a neat experience. :)






I couldn't resist taking pictures of these gorgeous blooms...hibiscus, I think...



No comments:

Post a Comment