Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Nursery!

I realized just this morning that I never posted photos of the new nursery. Ava and Greta will share the same room as soon as Greta can sleep 12 hours at night. She is currently sleeping about 10 hours at night, so hopefully we can transition her to her crib within the next month or two. Right now, Greta sleeps in our room in a bassinet at the end of our bed. 

Anyway, we got really busy right before Greta was born and stayed pretty busy for a while after her birth. I just completely forgot to post pictures. I took the best photos I could take this morning while I was cleaning their room. There are still some things that I want to change and there are still some things that are not done, but this is pretty much the completed look:

The cornice board, curtains, chair, ottoman, throw, pillow, rug, and elephant all stayed. When this was just Ava's room, all of these things served as the focal point when you enter the room. I still love the way it all looks together, so I kept it the same. :)

 Close-up

 With the curtains pulled back

Ava's dresser was moved all the way to the wall and Greta's matching dresser was put closer to the door. The 4 wall decals were put in a straight line over the little wicker table. I don't like them that way and will soon move them to the side wall right when you walk into the room. They will be placed in a 2X2 pattern on that wall. At some point, I will also get circular mirrors to go above each dresser. This is a very square room, so I would like some curves to break it up a bit.

The two cribs are placed right across from their matching dresser. The oil paintings are two that I bought at an SBE Oil Painting & Frame sale. They are hung a little bit too high over each of the cribs, but I don't want Ava to reach up and pull it down. Since she is a climber, this is a realistic possibility. The bedding is the same Pique set that I purchased from Pottery Barn for Ava.

Ava's crib. The sheets are yellow because I have not pulled her white ones out of the dryer yet. :)

 Greta's crib that she has yet to sleep in! :)

The closet and cross. This cross was given to us by my Secret Sister (Maggie Moore) last year. It matches the room perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment