Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mommy's Baby!!!

I had to blog this little moment so that I don't forget! It was funny but semi-sad at the same time! Last night, Jeremy was holding Greta while I finished dinner. Ava held up her hands like she wanted Jeremy to pick her up. Jeremy said, "Ava, I'm feeding Greta, hold on." Ava shook her head "no" and said, "Mommy's baby!" at Greta. Jeremy and I looked at each other and laughed! Ava came over to me and patted my leg and said, "Mommy! Baby!" and pointed to Greta. She thinks that Greta is my baby and not Jeremy's. I probably put too much thought into this, but it kind of hurt my feelings because I don't want Ava thinking that Greta is ONLY my baby and that she is ONLY Jeremy's baby. So, I have made a conscious effort today to treat Ava like she is also my baby. I guess I have been trying so hard to make sure that Ava is adjusting to being a big sister that I have forgotten to just treat her like the baby that she still is. Lesson learned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment