Friday, August 10, 2012

Greta's 2 Month Well-Baby Visit

Today we visited Dr. Roberts at 3:00 for Greta's 2 month check-up and shots. :( Shots are never pleasant! Greta did really well with them, though. She cried really hard for less than a minute and then just hiccuped for a few seconds afterward. 

I have to say that I am really surprised at Greta's weight and height. I really thought that she was quite a bit longer than Ava at this age, but she isn't. She is 21.5 inches long (25th percentile) and weighed 10 lbs. and 8 oz. (25th percentile) Her head measured 39.5 cm (50th percentile) I guess I am going to have two short girls!! :) Oh, well! We will have fun no matter what!

The nurse was the same nurse that saw Ava just two days ago for Ava's ear re-check. She is always so sweet to us. She asked where Ava was and I told her that she was at home taking a nap while Daddy stayed with her. It was just me and Greta. After the visit, I drove by TCBY and got a large strawberry frozen yogurt in a cup. Delicious! This mommy deserved it! :)

I had to changed Greta's diaper and take off all her other clothing so that she would be weighed and measured. She did not care for that at all!

After Dr. Roberts checked her, I was able to put her onesie back on. I didn't put any bottoms on her because I knew she would have her shots on her thighs. She was much happier with clothes on!

This was taken immediately after her shots. I got her all buckled into her carseat and stuck the paci into her mouth. She has to be in a certain mood to take her pacifier. Apparently I caught her in the right mood because she took it immediately and sucked on it until I gave her a bottle at home. :) I have to really say that we have been blessed again with another easy-going baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment