Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Finally Home!!

I wanted so badly to be discharged from the hospital on June 1st. I felt great and knew how to care for myself and Greta. I talked with Dr. Emig that morning before she went home and she said, "no." I also talked with Dr. Edwards (who came on call after Dr. Emig) and he said, "no." :) It was worth a shot! Instead, I was discharged on June 2nd (a Saturday) at about 3 pm. I was ready to go that morning, but we had to wait until the pediatrician checked out Greta one last time.

I had the day all planned out (because I am a planner and that's what planners do) Several weeks ago, I bought these precious orange, hot pink, and yellow, floral matching outfits for Ava and Greta. Ava would come to the hospital before we were discharged and would change into the outfit to match her sister. We would all happily ride home as a family of four. You can probably guess that my little plan did not work out :) 

We were informed that the pediatrician would not be in until noon that day...right  in the middle of Ava's very much needed nap time. I had two choices. I could let Ava skip her nap and be a grouch for the rest of the day so that she could wear her little matching outfit. Or, I could let her sleep and bring Greta home in something else. We chose the latter. I wanted both of my baby girls in that backseat when we left the hospital, but it wasn't worth the hassle. I would rather bring a newborn home to a happy and rested sibling. I will just save the little outfits for something else! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment