Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ava At 18 Months!!

Well today marks a year and a half of Ava's life! Time flies by so quickly. In high school, a year and a half meant a new grade level, some new teachers, and a new back-to-school wardrobe. In "real" life, a year and a half for me has meant watching a newborn grow into a toddler, introducing messy pureed foods to a six month old, and having another baby! Whew!! Life gets faster and faster...

I wouldn't exchange it for anything, though!

Well here are some of the new things I am seeing from Ava this month:

  • New words: peas, night-night, and dog.
  • She is still in size 5 diapers and size 5 shoe. Her clothes are 18 months. She can wear some 24 month clothes, but they are a tad to big. I can make them work by putting a cardigan over the top.
  • Incisors are just under the gums. I could feel swelling last month, but this month I see redness and white ridges just under the gums. Ava also has the runny nose to prove that she is teething. She gets a runny nose every single time she gets a new tooth in.
  • Her snack of choice is "shish" (goldfish) :)
  • She can tell you that a cat says, "meow," a frog says, "BET" (ribbit), and a dog says, "wuf." The funniest thing is that she used to say that a dog said, "DAWG!" I would laugh really hard when she said that. She is so funny! We are currently working on the cow. Ava's See 'N Say has really come in handy.
  • For whatever reason, Ava has started walking on her tipee-toes. :) It is pretty cute!
  • I didn't think it was possible for Ava to sleep any better than she already did, but she has started sleeping 13-14 hours on most nights. If I put her to bed at 7:30, she will wake up at 9:30. It has been such a tremendous help to me the past few weeks so that I could get the extra rest I need. Her naps are still 2-3 hours in the afternoon.
  • Ava's favorite meal is fish sticks and ketchup! Jeremy and I introduced ketchup a few weeks ago. She loves it!! Since it is so sugary, I try to limit this meal to once a week. It doesn't matter though, because I catch Jeremy feeding her cookies all the time!!
  • The only vegetables that Ava will consistently eat is green beans and sweet peas. Sometimes I can get her to eat sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes. Carrots are met with a firm "no." She will not eat them! :)
  • Before Greta's birth, Ava carried around two little newborn baby dolls that I nicknamed, "the twins." She was always so proud to show them off to everyone who came for a visit. Since Greta's birth, the twins have not made an appearance. I think it is probably because Ava has the real thing :)
  • Ava's answer for almost every question is, "I see." She will hold out her arms and make a confused face. It makes no sense, but it is the funniest thing ever!!!
I know I have forgotten a few things, but I have been pretty busy this month!! If I think of anything new, I will make a new post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment