Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Greta @ 8 Months!

My youngest daughter turned 8 months old on January 31st. I am already trying to decide on themes for her 1st birthday. I am trying to decide between Owls and Hot Air Balloons. I am currently letting Pinterest decide for me. Whichever theme turns up the cutest ideas wins!

Since Greta's last update was when she was 3 months old, I have a lot of catching up to do!


  • Greta is in size 3 diapers.
  • She wears 6-9 month clothing.
  • At Greta's last appointment, she weighed 15 lbs and 11 oz (which was exactly what Ava weighed at her 6 month appointment) and was 25 inches tall. That puts her in the 25% percentile for height and the 50% percentile for weight.
  • She still wears crib shoes.
  • Greta sleeps about 12-13 hours at night and takes 3 naps during the day. Her first nap is about 2 hours long. Her 2nd nap is about 3 hours long. And her last nap is about 1.5 hours long.
  • She still sucks a pacifier. I try to only give it to her at church and at naptime. Hopefully, weening her from it will not be a problem.
  • We waited a long time to start Greta on solid food. We gave her a bite of rice cereal when she was 6 months old and tried that for about a week. We then switched to Oatmeal cereal for another week. She never really took to eating either one and didn't seem to have the mechanics down. So, we stopped and decided to try again later. About 3 weeks ago, I decided to start her back on solids. I AM SO GLAD WE WAITED! The experience was so much better and she was so much calmer and more mature. She has tried carrots, acorn squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, pears, and peaches. She has liked everything except squash. Since the squash she didn't like was homemade, I bought some jars of squash at the store to see if she likes it. I don't think I can handle my baby not liking squash! It is one of my favorite foods! :)
  • Greta eats 5 times a day: a 6 oz bottle of formula in the morning, a solid food and a bottle three times a day, and a 6 oz bottle right before bedtime.
  • She has 4 teeth! Chomp, Chomp, Chomp!
  • She is sitting up by herself and scoots around like she is trying to crawl.
  • She loves to bounce in her little Jenny Jump UP.
  • She also loves to play in her exersaucer.
  • Greta is VERY particular! I actually call her persnickety (which was Ava's nickname before she was born, but I decided that it needed to be used for Greta) Greta's personality is a whole lot like mine! She does not like a lot of noise. She doesn't like distractions. She likes peace and tranquility! 
  • She is also a Momma's baby! I love it! At this age, Ava did not like to just sit in my lap. She wanted to be engaged. Greta is the opposite. She loves to just lounge in my lap and put her little hands on my cheeks while she looks at my face. She is so sweet!
  • Greta LOVES Ava! Ava talks to Greta and Greta just sits and smiles and coos. I love watching them interact with each other! I know it is normal for children to experience some sort of jealousy towards each other, but we really have not had any problems yet.
  • Greta babbles all the time! She says, "dadadada!" and "MAMAMA!" and "babababa!" all the time. It is also pretty common to hear her say, "mmmmmmmm!" She said "momma!" one time about two months ago, but she hasn't said it since. (I am still counting Momma as her first word though) :)
  • EVERYTHING goes into her mouth!
  • Up until about two weeks ago, she has made it through every church service that we have had. She is trying to give up her morning nap which means she is awake through church. As long as I keep her occupied, she can make it, but sometimes I have to take her out.
  • Greta is in love with her daddy! She gives him the biggest grins! On Sunday mornings, Jeremy will come sit on our pew after leading singing and Greta holds her arms out to him and smiles. It is so cute!
If I think of anything else that I have missed, I will update later!

No comments:

Post a Comment