Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Greta's 32 Week Appointment!

Today at 3:45 I had my 32 week appointment with Dr. Emig. As usual, my blood pressure was low (120/70) and I only gained 2 lbs. My total weight gain with Greta has been 11 lbs. :) I am a happy girl!! Greta was asleep when the nurse checked her heart rate; it was only 136 bpm. She has been a very active little girl today, so it doesn't really concern me that it is so low. I am measuring 33 weeks which is normal. I have consistently measured 1 week ahead with Greta.

I talked with my doctor about some issues I have been having the past few days. On Sunday, I had (what I thought were) contractions all day long. I could barely walk and I actually cried twice that day. I knew I couldn't be in labor because I have not lost my mucous plug and my water did not break. I stayed on the couch all day yesterday and today and drank lots of water. That seems to have helped because I can now walk without pain. Dr. Emig did a cervical check to make sure that I was not dilated. Luckily, I wasn't. She said that it sounds more like my stomach wall muscles are having spasms. She did not think I was contracting. She recommended a pregnancy support belt to help ease the pressure on my pelvis and to help my abdomen muscles carry the load :)

So that is the news for today!!! It doesn't look like Greta will be making her big debut any time soon (which is good) Let's hold off on that until 39-40 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment