Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Good Mornings Mean Good Days! (Usually)

Ava's four molars have been a source of pain and discomfort for quite a while! I noticed right after the new year that she had four bumps under her gums where her new teeth would come in and assumed that they would just pop through like her other teeth. Not so. It seemed to take forever for her molars to come in! Jeremy would tell me that I was imagining things, but I knew that I could feel those teeth right under her gums. 

They are finally all in and I can tell a HUGE difference in her behavior and sleeping habits. She has always been a very happy baby, but the past month was very difficult. I was giving her pain medicine every night and sometimes several times a day to help ease the discomfort. If she didn't have the medicine, she was very clingy (which is fine) and could not be pleased (which is not fine)

The two weeks prior to this week, Ava was waking every night screaming in pain. I would get up with her and bring her to our bed to calm her down. I would give her another dose of medicine before laying her down in her crib. She would always fall right back asleep, but I was exhausted. Luckily, this week she has started sleeping through the night again. If she wakes up crying, it is only for a moment and she goes right back down all by herself. No parent intervention. Yay!! This makes for a much happier baby and mommy!

Here she is this morning, feeling rested and all better!!

 I love when she flashes this big grin!! It makes me so happy!

I gave her some chocolate puffs right after her fruit bar. She wasted no time stuffing her mouth completely full. She is so funny to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment