Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ava at Sweet 16 Months...

Usually I wait until Ava is asleep to blog. Today I have her sitting here on my lap. We will see how this goes...

On Friday the 13th, Ava celebrated 16 months of life outside the womb! I celebrated by leaving her with her daddy while I got a haircut, color, and eyebrow waxing :) She had a great time playing with Jeremy and was already awake from her nap when I got home.

Here's the news for this month:

  • New words: Bow, Nana, Gigi, Alex (A-yee), Bee, and Bird (Bir) She reminds me of Bambi learning to talk :)
  • Attempted words: Purple (Pur-pe), Sister (Thisther) I can't remember the rest!
  • Attempted phrases: I love you (I ya ya)
  • We have taught Ava to "sing" :) Her favorite song is "la la la."
  • She loves to play "peek a boo"
  • She loves to blow kisses to almost everyone.
  • She can now climb all the way up her slide in the backyard.
  • She still sleeps 11-12 hours at night.
  • Her naps have decreased from 3.5-4 hours to just 2-2.5 hours
  • She was still in a size 4 diaper on Friday, but she moved up to a size 5 yesterday.
  • She wears 15-18 month clothes.
  • She has started eating more whole foods instead of the toddler foods that we used to transition to table foods.
  • She is climbing EVERYWHERE! She can climb onto our very tall couch.
  • She can follow almost every command I give: Let's go outside, Go get Grossy, Pick up your clothes, Let's take a bath, Close the door, Get the ball, Get your cup, Go play on the slide, Let's play on the swing, etc.
  • She still has 12 teeth. I am waiting for those incisors to break through.
  • She runs everywhere she goes!
  • She loves to tell us what to do! She will point to Jeremy and me and spout off gibberish! We crack up!
  • She still says "no" but it is not as bad as it was.
Things she mimics from the movie Tangled:
  • Mother Gothel says, "YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS TOWER...EVER!" Ava shouts, "EYA!" (ever)
  • When Rapunzel holds up her thumb to eyeball the amount of space she will have to paint above the mantel, Ava does the same thing.
  • When Rapunzel sweeps the paintbrush across the screen, Ava sweeps her hand back and forth.
It is really funny to watch!!

I know I am forgetting some things, but Ava is now in temper tantrum mode because she is ready for a nap (She woke up at 7 this morning instead of 8 and then refused to eat breakfast. As you can imagine, she is in a foul mood. I guess today is going to be a two nap day) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment