Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Greta's 30 Week Appointment!

I can't believe that I am already in my 3rd trimester!! The time has flown by so quickly! I started my last trimester on March 17th of this year. Today is April 3rd, so I have almost been in it for a month. We have about 10 weeks to go before we meet our little girl!

Today, I visited with Dr. Emig for my 30 week check-up. I am going every two weeks now! Can you believe it? It is amazing how quickly time has flown by. My next appointment is April 17th, two days after my 28th birthday! What a great B-day present to hear my little girl's heartbeat. :)

Today was a pretty normal check-up. My blood pressure has stayed nice and low the whole time and today was no exception. I did lose a pound, but Dr. Emig just thinks it is because I gained 6 lbs. at my last appointment and this is my body's way of evening things out. She also said it could be that my body disposed of fluid that I could have been retaining. Either way, it is not a really big deal. So that brings my total weight gain to 9 lbs. My fundal height is 31, so I am measuring a week ahead. She did not express any concern over that either. Greta's heartbeat was 156 BPM! She was definitely awake this morning. At my last two appointments, her heart rate was a lot slower. I was secretly hoping that it would be higher this morning. There may not be anything to it, but a higher heart rate makes me feel more secure.

I have expressed to my doctor that I would really like to go into labor on my own this time. She supports me in that decision and said she felt like my body would be more likely to do what it is supposed to do because this is my second child. Of course, I realize that if something changes, I will need to do what is best for Greta. With Ava, I was induced. I did want to go into labor on my own with her too, but at 39 weeks and 3 days, I still had not progressed past 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She was also measuring 4 weeks ahead of her due date. Inducing ended up being the best option because my doctor was not sure I could deliver her without a c-section. Ava's delivery ended up being completely normal and she weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz. I think I just had lots of amniotic fluid. I have complete faith that Greta's delivery will be just as great as Ava's. Whatever means it takes to get my children into the world safely, is just whatever it takes. :) So we will keep waiting on Greta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment