Saturday, January 14, 2012

Eli James Moore Is Here!

My friend Maggie delivered her second child on Thursday morning at 8:50! Eli weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20 inches long. I don't have pictures of him to put on here yet, but they are coming soon!

Maggie and I joked around after church Wednesday night that she could now go into labor because Jeremy and I were back from Texas. Nathan was working the Alabama basketball game, so Maggie and Avery drove home by themselves. I left my phone on just in case. 

At 12:30 that night, Jeremy nudged me awake because my phone was ringing. Sure enough, Maggie was in labor and needed to drop Avery off with us until her parents could make the trip from Indianapolis. Avery was such a trooper! She came into our house that night and fell right asleep! We did not hear a peep from her! 

Maggie and Nathan made the trip to Birmingham (she delivers at St. Vincent's) safely and her labor progressed to the point that they could prep her for her C-Section at about 7 that morning. Eli arrived almost two hours later!

Meanwhile, Ava and Avery partied here at our house. They had such a good time playing together! I will say that Ava slept really hard that night! She was tuckered out from her playdate with Avery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment