Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ava At 13 Months!

Yesterday was Friday the 13th. It was also Ava's 13 month birthday! I have a few pictures to share as well as a few milestones!

Pictures first:

This picture was taken at my parents house in Corsicana, TX. Ava and Brendon laid down on the carpet and played for a while! I love this shot of them!

This was on our way home from Texas. We stopped in Mississippi to get gas and Ava wanted out of her carseat! I combed out her hair because it was a rat's nest from sweating and rubbing her head back and forth on her seat. She was so mad at me! I gave her Jeremy's iPod to calm her. She stopped fussing immediately and giggled! Faker!

My Nana and Pop got to see Ava! This is only the second time they have seen her. My Nana enjoyed getting to feed Ava.

Back at home, Ava likes to play in the drawer below the oven :)

 Playing on the floor in her room

Everyday, Ava and I spend some time playing in her room. She loves this table and chair set that Jeremy's mom and dad (Nana and Poppy) bought for Christmas! I put her little interactive tea set on the table (a birthday gift from Bobby, Keri, Owen, Nate, & Nora Crowe) and she has a blast! Too bad the teapot and cups always end up on the floor!

My poor baby! She is getting in 3 molars at one time. Honestly, I am kind of glad. I know that sounds mean, but I would rather her deal with 3 at one time instead of one right after the other. No sense in prolonging the pain!

Here are a few milestones:

  • Ava still has just 8 teeth. She is currently working on 3 molars!
  • Our little girl wears a size 4 shoe and a size 4 diaper.
  • She is in 12-18 month clothing, but can still wear some of her 9 month cardigans, jeans, dresses, and onesies.
  • She is working on table foods. I still do one serving of baby food at each meal. I probably am not supposed to do that, but the control freak in me tells me that she still needs that nourishment. I will probably have someone lecture me on how a child will eat when they want to, and I believe that, but I also believe in a predictable schedule.
  • We are in the beginning stages of weaning from a bottle to a sippy cup. Ava's pediatrician said it needs to be done by the time Ava is 15 months old. I will be honest and say that weaning is not a top priority right now. If she is weaned by then I will be surprised. I am not worried about it, though.
  • Walking is now the preferred mode of transportation. She is almost quicker than I am!
  • Her vocabulary is increasing so much that I can barely keep up with her new words. I will try to list a few: cup (cuh), pretty (preh), okay (tay).
  • I can ask Ava to point to an object and she can usually recognize and point to it. Ex. Ava, where is the rooster? She will then point to the rooster paintings in the dining room. She can also point to the light and a tree.
  • She is still sleeping 11-12 hours every night and takes 2 two hour naps every day. Sundays are questionable. She can usually get in one three hour nap.
  • She does not like to be held still. We are still working on Sunday mornings. She does well for a while and usually falls apart for the last 5-10 minutes of the sermon.
  • She LOVES her daddy!! I try to make it a big deal every afternoon when Jeremy comes home from work. When I hear him pull into the garage, I look surprised and say, "Guess who's here!" She gets a big grin on her face and sometimes takes off the the door to the garage while she waits for him to come in. It is so sweet to see her face when Jeremy walks in the door! He always says, "There's my girl!" She will usually giggle really hard as he picks her up and kisses her.
  • She loves to dance!! Her Aunt Berrie bought a musical walker for Ava's birthday. I would say that it is probably her favorite toy of all! She will start to push it and as soon as music comes on, she will stop and bob up and down.
  • It is kind of early to tell, but Jeremy and I both think that she will be left handed. This scares me a bit because I don't know how to teach her to write left handed. We may have to ask some lefties for help!
  • Ava is such a CURIOUS child! She is into everything. Sometimes she will be defiant, but most of the time, she just wants to look at things and touch them.
I probably missed a lot because I am so tired! If I think of anything else, I will add it to this post or make a separate post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment