Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Tribute To My Husband On His 39th Birthday

On this day 39 years ago, my husband took his first breath of air. That's what birthdays are to me: a celebration of the first breath of oxygen. It sounds silly when it is condensed like that, but it really is an amazing concept when you ponder the intricacies of that statement. 

My husband, Jeremy Joseph Pate, breathed his first breath on May 29th, 1974. It is amazing that I missed his first 28 years. How can that be? I feel as though I have known him forever. 

On his birthday, I am always reminded of how little time we have actually spent together during our lives. It makes me so grateful to God for another year that I have been blessed to know and love this great man. I pray that he has many more birthdays to share with us.

I love you, Sweet Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment