Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Birmingham Zoo (Again) :)

We really need a Birmingham Zoo membership. We go at least twice a year. If we had a membership, we would probably go even more than that! 

Today's trip to the zoo was Greta's first!! We took her out of the stroller to see different animals but she was really content just to roll around for the duration of our visit :) The weather was perfect and our timing was just right. We spent the whole morning there and came home in time for the girl's big afternoon nap. Some photos are from Jeremy's Instagram account and some photos are from my camera.

We visited the Sea Lion exhibit first. They aren't always out, so we tried to plan our visit at a time when we would see them. Luckily, the show had just ended and the sea lions were out swimming in the water. First, though, I snuck kisses from my girls:

 And yes, Ava insisted that she wear her hat over her hairbow :)








Next on our agenda was the Lorikeet exhibit. No visit to the Birmingham Zoo is complete without feeding the Lorikeets! Ava was a pro because this was her fourth time to do it, but Greta was content to watch the birds fly, eat, and squawk! She just watched and smiled:











We then bought some food to feed the swans and the flamingos:










This little guy was scared to death! He was shaking while I was taking his picture. I am probably lucky that he did not jump on me and bite me! Wouldn't that be a story:






























The picture below makes me laugh. I wanted Ava to take a silly picture next to the mask and she wouldn't do it. This is the closest she would get to it. She looks like she is studying it:











No comments:

Post a Comment